The successful exploitation of digital technologies is becoming a bigger than ever differentiator between those companies moving forward and those standing still.
Continuing advances in digital capabilities and applications means that ‘DIGITAL’ presents significant growth opportunities and at the same time increases the competitive pressures on most businesses.
Consumers and business customers are familiar with digital services, forcing businesses to invest in their customer engagement processes. But there has been an equal revolution in digital capabilities to automate or eliminate previous manually intensive processes and internal tasks resulting in:
- better customer engagement (acquisition and retention)
- higher productivity and significantly lower costs
- better management of assets
- faster and more reliable decision-making
- more consistent and reliable service to customers
- reduced working capital.
Most businesses have opportunities to fully exploit digital technologies in one of three ways:
- INCREMENTAL - Applying new technologies to existing products, practices and processes
- RADICAL - Adopting new ways of engaging with customers (current and new)
- REVOLUTIONARY - Creating an entirely new way of doing business
Our work on digital considers the complete business model from engagement strategy through to the operational delivery of services or products. Proper exploitation of digital opportunities enriches the whole business and enhances performance. This broad view allows for the development of a consistent transformation plan for all aspects of the business to tackle immediate 'pain points' as well as defining the operational and cultural changes needed to support continued growth.
The starting point can be a Digital Audit that reveals the real potential for growth and/or improved productivity. The audit is tailored to the circumstances of each business.