Our Interim Managers make a valuable contribution from day one. They have the skills, experience and credibility to take charge of a function, division or operating unit and to improve its performance quickly. By nature they are practical, results oriented and used to meeting challenging deadlines. The Interim Managers provided through Collinson Grant are able to:
- quickly appraise the situation and identify key priorities for action
- engage with staff, galvanise teams and boost morale
- plan activities and team workload to meet critical deadlines
- develop action plans to deal with any identified problems
- lead improvement projects, set targets and monitor progress
- improve processes and streamline working practices
- achieve results and offer excellent value for money.
Matching experience to need
Our job is to ensure a good match - with you, your organisation and the task in hand. Identifying the right Interim Manager is as important as making the right permanent appointment – maybe even more so. An Interim Manager does not get a ‘settling in period’, and results are expected from day one. To ensure we identify the right interim for your organisation we draw up and agree with you a comprehensive specification of your needs, including:
- the key skills and experience required in the role
- any requirement for industry, sector or regional expertise
- the need for previous experience of a particular type of organisational structure or funding mechanism
- the reporting line for the Interim Manager, and the key deliverables in the role
- the likely and minimum durations for the assignment
- the aims and priorities for action in the role
- any known or expected difficulties with the role.
Our extensive database includes senior interims, many of whom we have worked with for many years. We invest time and care in getting to know their careers, attributes and styles. We also have a network of clients where our relationship often stretches back for several decades. By thoroughly understanding both our interim managers and our clients we can confidently predict how managers will perform in a new assignment, and have confidence that we are only recommending Interim Managers who fit the bill and will achieve real benefits.
When we add Interim Managers to our database we review their specialist skills and relevant experience in detail. We often use psychometric assessment to develop a full picture of a manager’s competence and character.