Collinson Grant is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it, and complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy tells you what information we may collect about you through this website and how we use that information. Collinson Grant may also collect personal data in the course of providing professional services (see below for further details).
The type of information we collect from users
- You do not need to register your personal information in order to use this website. We collect only such personal data as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our website and is necessary in the circumstances. For example, you may provide information such as your name, title, work address and e-mail address in order to register for certain services or to send or receive e-mails to/from us through the site.
Uses of collected information
- We will use your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we obtain your specific consent to other uses, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. For example, if you send us an e-mail message requesting information about Collinson Grant we will use your e-mail address and other information you supply to respond to your request.
- We do not disclose your personal data to third parties except as required and permitted by applicable law.
- We do not sell your personal data or provide it to third parties for their direct marketing use. We may add your personal data to our database which we use to develop our relationship with current and prospective contacts.
Data security and storage
- Collinson Grant has appropriate security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data and information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
- You should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We use reasonable efforts to retain personal data collected from you only for so long as we need such data in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected or until we are requested to delete it (if earlier).
Access to collected information
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we keep about you, and to have any inaccurate information about you corrected. If you wish to make such a request or you are concerned that any of the information we possess about you is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you wish to unsubscribe from any mailing list or registration, we will provide instructions on the appropriate web page or communication, or you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provision of professional services
- Collinson Grant will also sometimes receive personal information in the course of providing professional services – ordinarily when we provide services to private individuals, employers, businesses with personal customers, and public sector clients. Our proposal, Code of Conduct and Terms for Trading govern our relationship with clients.
- Collinson Grant complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, and applicable regulatory guidance which relates to our handling of personal data in accordance with the standards of ISO 27001.
Changes to this policy